Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BIR 24th Feb - 2nd Mar

Bir is beautiful ... wide open skies .... photos seem better than words


An evening view across the valley to the himalayas. Every morning the peaks are covered in snow that recedes during the warmth of the day (relative warmth of course!)


I always have to take a photo (or 10) of the beautiful Chokling Monastery, seems to look good from any angle


Deer Park, where the teachings (Way of the Bodhisattva) are held. It must be morning cos the mountains have more snow


Our teacher, Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche. The statue reminds me how much things have changed ... lute( I am sure it has a lovely Indian name but lute is all I can think of) replaced by mobile phone


Sardines in Manjushri Hall (Deer Park) waiting for the can to open


An inspiration for vegetarianism. Thought it was a snake underneath but when I asked ... it was sausages!

No comments:

Post a Comment